Sms marketing is the fastest growing way to reach your target audience. When you look at the statistics for delivering marketing information via text message you may be surprised by the results. Why has bulk sms marketing become so popular? Well, sms messages have an open rate of 98%, which is 4 times more successful than email marketing and even more successful than any other marketing channel.
Bulk sms marketing is the process of sending out text messages in larger quantities. It is a quick and easy way to send out thousands of messages at once. Bulk sms is not only used for marketing purposes but is also great for businesses in other ways. You can use Bulk sms for:
- Updates, news, and alerts
- Real estate
- Healthcare settings
- Travel industry
Plus many more types of business…
What are the 6 main benefits of bulk sms?
There are so many benefits to bulk sms marketing and it was hard to narrow it down to just 6, but if you are looking to invest in sms, it’s good to highlight the main wins:
1. Cost effective
Bulk sms marketing is unbeatable on price. Starting from 3.5p per text message, you won’t get a better return on your investment. It’s easy to implement too, so you will save admin time on labour and operational costs. Using two-way automated sms will also reduce the number of phone calls and emails that come in and out of your office from your engagers. Traditional marketing methods can be costly right from creation and the use of them are on the decrease. Competitors are having to find more cost-effective, efficient, and environmentally-friendly ways to reach consumers. Bulk sms ensures that you will reach an enormous amount of people at the click of a button. There will be no need for visuals, designs or lengthy content, just a very simple, clear, and concise sms marketing campaign.
Bulk sms can also reduce your carbon footprint by cutting out the need for physical marketing, such as leaflets, posters, and direct mail.
2. Rate of engagement
On average over 97% of SMS marketing messages are opened and read within 15 minutes and have a response rate of 32%. We can break this down for you further; approximately half of all consumers will respond to a text within 3 minutes. By comparison, the open rate for email marketing campaigns is only 20% overall. This makes SMS messages nearly 4 times more successful than email.
When you instigate a new bulk sms marketing campaign, you will likely attract a whole raft of new enquiries and potential customers. It may be that you are already struggling to handle current sales enquiries. How you respond to your new enquiries is how you convert them into business and is vitally important to the success or failure of your SMS marketing campaign or your business in general.
Your customers need you to respond to them ASAP in order to maintain their interest and engagement with your company. You may think that you are converting your inbound enquiries at a reasonable rate, but if you are not fast enough, this will show the customers that you are not able to manage and it’s likely to lose you sales. Perhaps the most concerning part is that when you lose customers in this way, you are unlikely to be able to win them back. They will have given you what they consider to be ample time to respond and then taken their business elsewhere.
3. Personalised messages
Customers are far more likely to engage with you when you address them personally, it can break down barriers of communication. It’s easy to do this with sms marketing, but you might wonder if this is possible with bulk sms and automated sms. Well, it is just as easy to implement with bulk. There are 2 great ways you can personalise the messages you send out to your subscribers:
- Sms messages can contain the recipient’s name, details of their enquiry, and dates and times that are relevant to the interaction.
- You can separate your subscribers into groups based on their demographics and interests, to ensure that they are only receiving marketing messages that are specifically for them and not everything.
4. Less noise from the competition
If you want to hide a tree, plant it in a forest. This can be a problem with advertising, consumers can become so saturated by ads, that it’s hard for businesses to stand out or get noticed. Email marketing is a particular problem, as the average person can receive up to 100 emails per day and we know that 40-60% of these are deleted without even being opened. By investing in bulk sms marketing campaigns, you are reaching individual recipients directly to their mobile phones. Generally speaking, people love to interact with their phones as often as every 4 minutes, they are receiving texts on an individual basis. So, your sms messages will not be lost in a pool of ads.
By separating your target market into subgroups, you can make sure that your ad appeals specifically to your intended recipient. By doing this, your subscribers will not feel saturated by unnecessary information. It will feel less spammy and intrusive.
5. Easy to use
We know it can be daunting to learn new skills. We worry about how it will fit in with what we are already doing. You may have heard of the many benefits of sms marketing for business but are holding back for fear of complicating your marketing strategies. Will your staff require hours of training? Will your tech equipment be up to the job? Fear not, we’ve got you covered:
- Easy to use – want you to choose us, so, it’s in our interests to make it as easy as possible for you. You will be amazed by how simple it is. It will be ready to go in no time.
- It fits in with your business – No need to worry that it won’t work with your current projects. When you see the response rates through your trackable system, you will wonder how you ever managed without it. Sms marketing complements other marketing channels and can work alongside them as part of a wider campaign.
- No programming required – At TextAnywhere we integrate sms features into your software using your preferred programming language and our powerful API. You will have instant access to everything you need to start integrating sms functionality into your software.
- Unlimited support – We offer FREE, unlimited technical support to ensure that you can integrate text messaging into your application swiftly and effectively. Our technical support is available by phone, by email, or through our extensive, online developer centre. Our support team, based in Nottingham, the UK alongside our comprehensive resource pages, accessible HERE are available to help you every step of the way. Alongside our support team, if required, you may qualify for access to one of our experienced account managers to help create and elevate your SMS campaigns.
6. Fewer Barriers
Unlike emails and voice marketing calls, sms messages don’t get discarded or blocked by spam filters. All subscribers are opt-in members of your customer base. Therefore, messages are guaranteed to reach the right recipients. It is worth getting your timing right and not sending out too much content in one go. Prioritise your most important content first to ensure your subscribers don’t opt-out.
Why should you use a Bulk sms service?
Bulk sms messaging is exponentially superior to other marketing strategies. Feedback on sms indicates that recipients would prefer it to any other method of communication they are likely to receive from you. Statistics show that 77% of consumers opt-in to receive coupons or to hear about deals and sales. 66% said they had even redeemed a special offer via text within 7 days of receiving it! Perhaps that’s why 64% of consumers think that companies should contact them more often through sms campaigns.
Taking into account the number of consumers who now prefer marketing contact via sms, it’s necessary for businesses to be in a position to send out promotions en-mass to a significantly large amount of subscribers. Bulk sms messages can facilitate this with no problem across any country and any network. Here’s why your business needs bulk sms marketing:
If you are currently using traditional marketing methods, you may not be seeing the same ROI you once did. Why is this? Well, times are changing and so are your engagers. The marketing methods that once did the trick are now lost in a fog of new technology and consumers are driving businesses towards more cutting-edge techniques that fit with their lifestyles. If they can’t access it in the palm of their hands, does it even exist? In general, the sms marketing message spend has grown in the last decade by 28015%.
When instigating a bulk sms marketing strategy, there are many valid corners you will be cutting compared with other methods. The biggest differences you will see are:
- Creating content: maximum of 160 characters.
- Receive rate: instant
- Open rate: 97%
- Response rate: minutes
Converting inbound enquiries with sms is also a quicker process and not as technical as it sounds. It will enhance the way you deal with your consumers. Your inbound enquiries are requests that come from your customers and potential clients for further information about your product or services. When using Bulk sms messaging, the success of it will blow you away so, you will need to be able to handle the incoming enquiries it generates. Automated sms can use keywords to send back an instant response to start a two-way conversation with the subscribers. Using this tool, you can send links of short forms to continue the interaction.
Easy to send bulk sms online
When you choose the right provider for your sms marketing needs, you will be up and running in no time at all. TextAnywhere can provide you with an online platform that integrates easily with your current software. You will be able to:
- Configure your database – compile the contact data from your potential customers to begin the sms communication process.
- Segment – Separate your target consumers into groups according to their demographics and interests.
- Compile content – Put together the main body of your advertising content and it can be automatically personalised, categorised, and timed to send.
- Click and send – Once you have organised your database and compiled the content of your campaign, it really is that easy to send out sms marketing messages in bulk.
Improve your marketing response rate today
Take advantage of our years of expert sms advice to add value, boost engagement and improve your ROI from your sms campaigns. When you sign up for a free trial with TextAnwhere we can offer you:
- 20 free credits
- Full platform access
- No commitment or credit card required
- Messaging expert support
- 97% open rate
- Price match guarantee
What are you waiting for? Get in touch today!