SMS marketing is still a relatively new form of marketing and many businesses are yet to make use of it. Like all things new and different, that journey into the unknown can leave some companies with a lack of confidence when it comes to starting up an SMS marketing campaign for the first time. Here are some important points to keep in mind to help you build up your confidence when using text message marketing over time.
- SMS marketing is an opt-in service: Your customers would not have chosen to subscribe to your service or consent to providing their contact details if they do not wish to receive information from you. Providing a way for recipients to opt-out of receiving messages from you such as texting ‘STOP’ to a number will also allow you to stop worrying about those who do change their minds.
- Practice makes perfect: It is very rare for people to be instantly amazing at something that they have only just taken up. SMS marketing works in exactly the same way. It is difficult at first to know what to say and when. To build up your familiarity of the service start by compiling some practice SMS messages to test subjects to ensure you are getting the hang of sending messages. Only by keeping at it and practicing over time will help you build up your confidence.
- Plan beforehand: Before you start distributing your messages to your mailing list make sure you plan out exactly what you need to include and check that your spelling and grammar is correct. Have other people check the content as well to get a second opinion so that you can be reassured that your messages are delivered the way you want.
- Track progress: Like any other marketing medium it is important to measure your performance to highlight any areas that are working well or likewise need improving. Ways to do this are by tracking click, keyword, call and coupon response rates from your messages to see which are generating the best conversions.
- Ask for help: Don’t forget that TextAnywhere are always available to give advice on any questions you may have about your SMS service. You can either email us or give us a call on 0845 122 1302.
Remember: Practice makes perfect and confidence is key.