A lot of focus is placed on the many benefits and advantages of using SMS as a way of targeting customers. However, what a lot of companies tend to forget is that text messaging is a great tool to use for easily communicating with employees as well. Below are some of the many reasons why your business should start using bulk SMS services for staff communication.
- Access messages anytime, anywhere: Staff can receive messages while on-the-go so that important notifications can always be picked up whether they are in the office, away off sick or out at a meeting. Using SMS means that you can be assured your alerts will always be picked up and responded to. This also means that you won’t miss out on securing important deals as transactions can be completed at any time.
- A cheap method of communication: Sending bulk SMS messages is cheap and effective. For instance, instead of wasting money on printing staff newsletters you can simply send out a message to all your employees with the vital information included or a URL to a web page where your news is hosted. This information will also be delivered straight to the handsets of your staff rather than relying on them being in the office to pick up a printed copy.
- Get important announcements out quickly: SMS messages remain one of the most instantaneous and effective ways to send out a message. Recent studies indicated that 90% of text messages are opened within 3 minutes. You can draft and distribute announcements as soon as they are required, and it will only take as long as it takes you to construct the message and select the recipients. You can always be assured that your message will reach its target audience in a timely manner.
- Send out automated updates: Great for sending out regular reminders and information such as notifications about IT errors and confirmations when they have been fixed. They can also be used for scheduling reminders about meetings, important company dates and events such as staff training days. You can also set up this service to notify employees when pay slips are ready for collection, or for announcements about office closures following adverse weather conditions. This will save the hassle of constructing individual messages, reduce the chance of a message not being picked up, and boost staff engagement.
- Confirmations to off-site customer facing staff: SMS messages are an excellent way to ensure your engineering or off site employees receive important details whilst remaining professional and focused on the customer they’re looking after at that time. If they’re busy in a customer’s home or office premises it may not be appropriate for them to answer their phones immediately. By sending a text message your important information (i.e.: next visit confirmation, or requirement to attend an urgent call out) it can be dealt with quickly and discreetly as soon as the employee is able to do so.
- Run employee feedback schemes: As well as sending out announcements, using an SMS service is also a great way to receive responses from staff. Whether this is for receiving staff feedback and suggestions about improvements to an area of the business or as a confidential service should problems arise which need to be reported back into the business.
For more information on the types of business SMS service we can provide, and how they could help you communicate with your employees, please contact a member of our Customer Service team on 08451 221 302.